- Dark blue jeans
- Black suede flats
- Black trenchcoat
- Black T shirt
I really need a black skirt! It is almost impossible to find a simple skirt. It is like they don't make these skirts anymore, they all have the wrong colour, the wrong fabric or are too long.
2. Black shoes and belt - These can be worn with jeans and your suit. This is an essential combo. Before buying brown, get black. I think you will find you get more mileage out of them, especially when attending more formal or evening functions.
3. White dress shirt (good for day and night occasions) - White dress shirts look good on just about everybody. They look sharp and are versatile but should not to be worn as a casual shirt.
4. Blue blazer - A blue blazer is good for all year round and easily coordinates with pants and other items. If that bores you, try a tweed sport coat but also keep in mind that tweed is really only useful in fall and winter. Either way a blazer or tweed sport coat holds a look together.
5. Jeans - No explanation necessary here.
6. Overcoat - An overcoat doesn't necessarily mean a long coat. It also means 3/4-length or car coat length. This item really finishes an outfit and can be worn with everything including jeans. And everyone needs a coat in winter, right?
7. Briefcase - A briefcase does not necessarily mean a hard case. It can be soft, or messenger bag style. In a man is has to carry files and other documents, this is an essential.
8. Athletic wear - Even for non-athletic types, athletic wear is great for those lazy Sundays and dashes to the convenience store at wee hours of the morning.
9. Casual shirt - A casual shirt is a must have to wear with jeans or other casual pants.
10. Deconstructed suit - A deconstructed suit is great because it has a relaxed look but is pulled together.
A little editorial I found in a one year old ELLE magazine made me remember why a few strong pieces can make a big impact on your style and that sadly these pieces are very hard to find. Because every potential garment goes through a personal screening test before buying, the only piece(where I'm satisfied of) is the boy blazer.
But I do have my eye on a white blouse and slouchy pair of trousers so who knows.
*what do you think of a denim blouse? I like the diversity of it, casual or chic.
While I'm wearing lots of black lately, the new spring collections make me want to wear something different, some other colours. I have been loving the light blue colour for years but the perfect shirt hasn't come along yet. I'm impressed with the colour palet of the new line from The Row. Long live simplicity!
aah I made a little mistake. This isn't a preview of the spring collection but already the pre fall collection. I still think the colours are great to wear in spring. But apparently we can enjoy it in fall too.
It's been a while ago but the lovely Fleurette tagged me to do a post about my bag. Lately I carry around this old leather bag. Though I don't wear this bag to school(I don't really like my schoolbag, still need to find a new one), it is very practical. Though this post should have been much more interesting but I don't like to carry lots of things with me. I don't like a heavy bag. So what do I carry in my bag?
- My wallet, which is quite old. But I just do not spend much money on wallets.
- My mobile phone
- Ipod, I'm lost without it.
- Dayplanner, where I write almost everything in. I also have a notebook but I only carry it with me in my large tote.
- And I am currently learning myself to speak Italian, so I carry a language pocketbook with me.