- Dark blue jeans
- Black suede flats
- Black trenchcoat
- Black T shirt
I really need a black skirt! It is almost impossible to find a simple skirt. It is like they don't make these skirts anymore, they all have the wrong colour, the wrong fabric or are too long.
2. Black shoes and belt - These can be worn with jeans and your suit. This is an essential combo. Before buying brown, get black. I think you will find you get more mileage out of them, especially when attending more formal or evening functions.
3. White dress shirt (good for day and night occasions) - White dress shirts look good on just about everybody. They look sharp and are versatile but should not to be worn as a casual shirt.
4. Blue blazer - A blue blazer is good for all year round and easily coordinates with pants and other items. If that bores you, try a tweed sport coat but also keep in mind that tweed is really only useful in fall and winter. Either way a blazer or tweed sport coat holds a look together.
5. Jeans - No explanation necessary here.
6. Overcoat - An overcoat doesn't necessarily mean a long coat. It also means 3/4-length or car coat length. This item really finishes an outfit and can be worn with everything including jeans. And everyone needs a coat in winter, right?
7. Briefcase - A briefcase does not necessarily mean a hard case. It can be soft, or messenger bag style. In a man is has to carry files and other documents, this is an essential.
8. Athletic wear - Even for non-athletic types, athletic wear is great for those lazy Sundays and dashes to the convenience store at wee hours of the morning.
9. Casual shirt - A casual shirt is a must have to wear with jeans or other casual pants.
10. Deconstructed suit - A deconstructed suit is great because it has a relaxed look but is pulled together.
A little editorial I found in a one year old ELLE magazine made me remember why a few strong pieces can make a big impact on your style and that sadly these pieces are very hard to find. Because every potential garment goes through a personal screening test before buying, the only piece(where I'm satisfied of) is the boy blazer.
But I do have my eye on a white blouse and slouchy pair of trousers so who knows.
*what do you think of a denim blouse? I like the diversity of it, casual or chic.
While I'm wearing lots of black lately, the new spring collections make me want to wear something different, some other colours. I have been loving the light blue colour for years but the perfect shirt hasn't come along yet. I'm impressed with the colour palet of the new line from The Row. Long live simplicity!
aah I made a little mistake. This isn't a preview of the spring collection but already the pre fall collection. I still think the colours are great to wear in spring. But apparently we can enjoy it in fall too.
It's been a while ago but the lovely Fleurette tagged me to do a post about my bag. Lately I carry around this old leather bag. Though I don't wear this bag to school(I don't really like my schoolbag, still need to find a new one), it is very practical. Though this post should have been much more interesting but I don't like to carry lots of things with me. I don't like a heavy bag. So what do I carry in my bag?
- My wallet, which is quite old. But I just do not spend much money on wallets.
- My mobile phone
- Ipod, I'm lost without it.
- Dayplanner, where I write almost everything in. I also have a notebook but I only carry it with me in my large tote.
- And I am currently learning myself to speak Italian, so I carry a language pocketbook with me.
(Zara skirt-pants-shoes, repetto flats, vanessa bruno blouse)
After all those years we finally have a white christmas. And now we finally have this white christmas, we can barely go outside. It is impossible to go to work, to travel. So now I'm obliged to stay at home. I spend my time watching movies, doing some homework and cleaning out my closet. I focus on the the things I want to save for. And maybe the weather will allow me to go to the COS sale to find some good basics for a friendly price. My List:
- a good skirt
- a pair of pants
- a blouse
- shoes, maybe some boots or brogues
- repetto flats. And a new bag, which is still impossible to find.
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!
images( zara, Elle France,TFS)
SS: So you always start with fabric?
SS: Your colours are incredibly interesting and you don’t do typical colour combinations. I watch your runway shows and think, “Oh, wow, that’s great.” So it’s fabric, then colour?
1. Personalized stationary from Smithson: I am trying to write more letters.
2. A new diary.
3. Dinner with all my family together: It's difficult as we're all in different places. I would love to have us all be together for just one night.
4. A year of massage/spa treatment: amazing!
5. A ring by Gaia Repossi
6. A vintage Kelly bag — in red.
And of course I made also a little list for myself:
1. A bag(previous post)
2. A new cardigan, something like this:
3. A nice dinner with my family, and finally be able to hang out with friends. After all the schoolwork I had to do.
source: harper's bazaar
The last couple of months I've been searching for the perfect bag. But to find the perfect bag is a hard job. Lots of bags aren't practical at all, or the price is too high for a student like me. I like these too bags from Zara, they go with everything, but then again the problem is that the quality isn't good at all, for a price that is high for Zara. I was wondering, in Paris I see le cabas from Vanessa Bruno all the time. It is the right size, the quality seems good and it looks nice. But what do you think, as my readers with a good sense of style, of the bag? I just don't know what to think of it. I need a second opinion. (Lately I look at any kinds of bags, so that might explain this curiosity)
Minimal black: Celebrate the comeback of simplicity with clean, sharp shaped pieces. Soft volumes and all in black outfits create a message focused in shape and construction.